- This event has passed.
NorCal TPS Coalition Conference
March 28 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
NOTE: Due to the situation regarding COVID-19, the NorCal TPS Coalition Conference has been postponed to a date that’s to be determined. We care about your health and safety but still want to continue to discuss issues that matter to us. We will update you once a date for the conference has been decided.
The conference is to bring together TPS holders and their allies inform our goals on how to contribute to a movement across the country to put pressure on the U.S. Senate to pass a bill similar to the Dream and Promise Act and how to make this an issue important to the broader public in the 2020 presidential elections.
We will do overall strategizing, a power analysis, and plan actions that contribute to movement building. We also will a skills-building workshop to train people, particularly beneficiaries of TPS, on giving presentations at labor union or labor council meetings, from the pulpit at churches and in public comment at City Council meetings. We will have a workshop to train people on participating in delegations to district offices of Congressional Representatives and Senators.
- 10 a.m. – Welcome and review agenda
- 10:15 – “Sanctuary Voices” East Bay Sanctuary Covenant’s powerpoint presentation on the sanctuary movement and TPS
- 10:30 – testimony from TPS holder
- 10:45 – Presentation on why TPS important to the labor movement
- 11 a.m. – break-out groups – power analysis, messaging, strategy
- 12 noon – lunch provided
- 12:30 – report back from break-out groups
- 12:45 p.m. – presentation on current status of TPS and the American Dream and Promise Act
- 1 p.m. – Workshops on public speaking, delegations of Congressional offices, outreach and networking
- 2 p.m. – Presentation on immigration services and resources
- 2:30 p.m. – Break-out groups on campaign plan, structure and decision making
- 3:30 p.m. – Report back from break-out groups, discussion and reflections
- 4 p.m. – Conference ends